Sunday, December 16, 2012

A Family Tradition

For as long as I can remember my mom's side of the family has made candy during the Christmas season.  And for most of the years it is a joint venture between sisters and mothers and daughters.  This year me, my sister and mom got together with my Aunt Susan and her daughter (my cousin), Amy at my house to make candy.  We got started early, around 8:30 am, and began making divinity.  We knocked out 3 batches before you knew it.

It was a great day and we shared many laughs together.  We reminisced on memories with my Nana and how she would always sit back and watch and tell you what you were doing wrong! My mom seemed to fill those shoes just fine!  ;-)

 
Here are are a couple of video clips of us making candy.  And the first video is of us spooning out divinity with Jase trying to make it into a race and Shawn giving Alisha and I a hard time . . . go figure!
 
 
 
 
Thankful for my family and the new memories that were made this year and the tradition that we are keeping alive.

No comments: