Monday, December 3, 2012

Art Day

Today we had a full blown art day. Our Advent calendar had us make snowflakes and decorate them. After the kids colored them, I got out the glue and glitter and gave them a little shimmer. I think I will be wearing glitter for a week!

Next, we needed a Christmas tree to put our daily ornaments on from our Truth in the Tinsel lessons. I drew a Christmas tree on some white paper and gave the kids free reign to paint it. Can you tell who painted which side? Lol!

After we finished our tree they enjoyed free paint time. Jase did a great job painting a Lego man and Allyson tested just about every color. ;) All in all the mess was kept to a minimum. Both of the kids really do not like their hands to be dirty, and especially Jase. I was in the bathroom rinsing out a brush and the kids were in the next room beginning to paint and here comes Jase, wanting to wash his hands already! I ended up bringing two wash cloths in the room, which were covered with paint by the time we finished.

It was a great day!

No comments: