Friday, December 7, 2012

Christmas Crafts

This afternoon our Advent Banner had us work on Christmas crafts. I decided we would make an old school Rudolph the Red-nosed Reindeer candy cane. {I remember my mom making those and the ones made out of clothes pins all the time for my brother and sister's classes.}

Next, we moved onto the big project: painting! About 2 minutes into I thought "why did I do this?" We used so many different colors, I was cleaning their brushes left and right, while trying to keep Ally from opening the paint bottles while I was at the sink! She can be a sneaky little girl!!

We finished painting all of our craft sticks and took a break and let them dry for the evening. We read our Truth in the Tinsel and it was in regards to Mary singing a song when she found out that Elisabeth was pregnant; she was amazed by God's miracle. I read the scripture portion twice and asked Jase to pick out reasons in her song why Mary would worship God. It was a good conversation starter for us. The last two days we have had great biblical conversations; I couldn't have planned it better.

We finished putting the manger scene together with our craft sticks and I think they turned out great. We found homes for them in our Christmas tree. :-)






No comments: