Friday, June 7, 2013

Busy Day

Some days we do not do much and then there are days like yesterday where I have my plate full. Correction: I have my plate full everyday with three kiddos at home!  And the stage that Finn is at right now keeps me on my toes nonstop.

As you know I have been going to boot camp and really enjoying it.  I have not dropped a lot of weight over this past month, but I feel like certain problem areas are getting a tad smaller so that is a plus. But one of the reasons why I have not lost weight is that I have not been eating all that great consistently. I think I gained 3-4 pounds when we went to Galveston over the Memorial Day weekend...boo to that. Anyway, Shawn and I came to an agreement that we have to turn this bus around and while we are exercising and that is great, it is mainly what we put into our bodies that will determine our weight loss.

That being said, I have had a big food awakening this week.  I came across this website where a family did a 100 day challenge and did not eat any processed food at all!  Not one bite for 3 months.  And now that is how that family lives day to day.  How awesome is that?!  And this is not a weight loss website at all, it is more of being conscience of what you are putting into your body and how society depends on processed food.  Check out her website if you get a change...it is very interesting.  Makes me want to get some cows out back and milk them myself! Ok not really, but you catch my drift!

When it was time for breakfast yesterday morning I asked Jase what he wanted to eat and he said "whatever you want me to eat".  Which he NEVER says, so I quickly said waffles and he agreed.  Now, we have Eggo blueberry waffles in the freezer, but I wasn't about to get them out.  I searched her website and found this recipe for Whole Wheat Waffles.

I ended up halving this recipe since it was just me and the kiddos and it was perfect.  A couple of years ago Shawn's parents gave us their old waffle iron and if I'm being honest I don't think I've used it until yesterday.  I usually make pancakes instead of waffles, but I will definitely be making more waffles now! And all 3 kiddos ate them up.  Jase had his with syrup, Allyson had hers with peanut butter and syrup and Finn had his plain with a little bit of butter. Oh and I had mine with all-natural peanut butter. :)


Later that afternoon I took Finn to the doctor for a check-up.  He has been battling ear infections for the past couple of months, so the doctor wanted to check him again after this round of antibiotics.  So thankful that he got a clean bill of health and his ears looked great!!  And below is little man on a trip to the restroom. I love these chairs!!  I've only used them a couple of times, but when I have they have really came in handy.  And for the record I was not on the toilet!!  I was helping the other two little people in the bathroom!


The tomatoes in our garden have been very fruitful lately! :-) While Finn was napping I decided to make a batch of fresh salsa!! It turned out pretty tasty, if I do say so myself.  In some of the recipes I found it called for removing the skin off of the tomatoes, so I decided to give their technique a try.  You had to bring water to a boil, add the tomatoes for 45 seconds - 1 minute, then remove them and put them in a bowl of ice cold water.  I am happy to report that the skin came right off, no knife needed.  I was impressed!


And to finish up the night, we headed to Chuck E Cheese for a birthday party.  The party started at 7 pm and we didn't leave there until after 9:00!  All the kids had a great time!


No comments: