Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Summer Happenings

Summer time...time to slow down, right? Not around here lately! Last week Jase had VBS in the morning and then we all had VBS in the evening.  This weekend we worked on some projects for the house and hope to continue this weekend as well.  This week Jase is participating in a baseball camp at the high school. He is really enjoying it and picking up on some fundamentals that will help down the road.  Here he is yesterday morning before walking out the door. :)


As for Miss Allyson, she has VBS during the morning this week.  Yesterday was RED day, so we pulled out our only red shirt: Jessie from Toy Story.  I told her to go get her sandals and she came back with her red boots and told me she wanted to wear them for red day. "Ally, are you sure? I think those boots are still a little too big. Will you be able to do the moves to the songs you're learning in them?" I tried everything, but she wanted to wear them.  Boots it is.  I have to admit, she does look cute in them.  And I promise I was taking her to vacation bible school and not line dancing!


After the morning's activities we grabbed some lunch at Chick-Fil-A.  Aunt Alisha and Uncle JoJo joined us and we had a nice time visiting with them.  It was their 2nd year anniversary, which is hard to believe...time is flying by! Later at dinner we were talking about it and I told the kids that exactly 2 years ago today we were at their wedding. Ally had feel asleep on stage during the wedding ceremony and Daddy was holding her.  Jase was standing next to Daddy and for some reason he started licking her feet during the wedding ceremony...in front of everyone...I nearly died! Memories, right? And life definitely went on.


And this week we also started swimming classes in the evening.  The first night was a nightmare for Ally.  Poor baby girl was so scared.  She cried nearly the whole time and only got into the water 4-5 times.  I tried my best yesterday during the day to boost her up and tell her she was going to do great and not be scared and not cry.  She told me she was not going to cry, but then when we started to pray and ask the Lord to calm her nerves, she started to cry. :(  Last night she was such a big girl and and did not shed a tear. So proud of her.  That is a miracle from the first night. Here she is below putting her face in the water with the instructor.  And the other swim picture is Jase jumping in the deep end.


I went upstairs to check on the kiddos (and Shawn) and I found my big boy asleep in bed with his light on.  This picture says so much about him.  He is sporting his Lego Star Wars pajamas {which he loves}, he is sleeping with 3 baseballs {he is a little obsessed with the sport right now}, and he has his devotional book out {he loves to read this every night before bed}. This busy summer day has worn him out.

No comments: