Monday, December 23, 2013

Homeschool Christmas Party

Friday afternoon I hosted our First Annual Homeschool Christmas Party. Just because we homeschool, doesn't mean that we shouldn't partake in the gathering together for parties. Me and the kiddos were excited about having our friends over and celebrating this joyous time. Four families were represented, with a total of 12 children. 

We started off eating a little snack. We kept the menu pretty basic, but believe me there was no shortage of food.
Here we are around the table. {We were missing one family in this picture.}
After everyone was in attendance, it was story time. I found a cute way to tell about Jesus' birth through m&m's on Pinterest. I had pinned it last year, but never got around to using it, but this was the perfect time. Here is a little video as I am first getting started.


While I had all of them seated, I decided to play a game. Ever heard of "I'm a Chubby Bunny?" No one at the party had either. Haha! Well, I left the bunnies out of this and called it "I'm a believer." All you need is {big} marshmallows and participants. You start by handing everyone who is playing a marshmallow and they have to say "I'm a believer." Once everyone has said it, you go to the next round and hand out another marshmallow and everyone must say it again. If you can't say it, then you're out. Oh and you cannot eat the marshmallows. I remember playing it at my birthday parties when I was in late elementary or junior high. It was always fun!! And definitely entertaining. Here is a clip of that! And yes, I played!!

Next, we had some craft time at the table. I had precut strips of Christmas scrapbook paper and they had to find strips and make it look like a Christmas tree. They turned out cute.
And here's the whole gang! It was a great afternoon shared with friends. Very thankful for these families and looking forward to many more parties together. Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Looks like a great time! I LOVE the marshmallow game! I may have to steal that game for Christmas Eve. Lol