Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Resurrection Day

"Why do you seek the living One among the dead? He is not here, but He has risen."  Luke 24:5-6

The Resurrection of Jesus Christ brings hope that we do not deserve. We are all born into sin and all are in need of a savior. We are only justified based on Jesus Christ's righteousness, not ours. Through His grace by faith we are able to seek and follow God. (Romans 3:22-26)

While the egg hunting is fun and I think it is fine to do that with the kids, I don't ever want to take away from the true meaning of Easter. It's not about me being perfect, because I am far from it and fail often, but believing that Jesus is all we need and repenting of (turning away from) our sins. Earthly treasures will fade away, the newness of toys {cars, homes, house decor, etc} will fade, but the word of God will last forever. (Matthew 24:35). Simply sharing my heart with you.

Out of the three pictures taken, Jase and I are the only ones looking at the camera in all three. Haha!
We enjoyed our afternoon at home together as a family. It was a nice time.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You looked lovely as always Sunday. Such a beautiful family.