Tuesday, April 1, 2014

April Fools' Joke

When you see a bag of hair like this, you think April Fools', right? I wish I could tell you that was the case.
Sunday evening Shawn and I were upstairs putting Finn's clothes up and laying him down. Ally comes upstairs with the above bag of hair and proceeds to tell us that she cut her hair. My response  was "YOU DID WHAT?" I don't know if Shawn thought it was an early April Fools' joke, but all he could do was laugh. 

Before I went upstairs she was at the kitchen table with colors, paper and scissors. This the norm for her. She is always crafting and has never said anything about cutting her own hair or anything. Well, she cut it. I'm so thankful that her hair was still pulled back from the day. No major damage was done, but she cut quite a bit off in the front. She told me she wanted a haircut, so she cut it. I tried to explain that she cannot cut her own hair, that we will go to someone who knows how to cut hair. She told me she knows how to cut hair...obviously. I'm not quite sure if she understands that she is NOT a certified hairdresser, but she does understand that she better not cut her hair again.
I took her to Hair Palace yesterday morning to get it fixed. I thought she would be a little excited about getting her hair cut at a "palace!" I asked her if she was excited and she said "yes and a little nervous." She moved a little, but all and all she did great. 
When we got out to the car I asked her if she liked it and she was so giddy...she absolutely loves it!
And here she is from this morning; still pretty as can be. I'm not going to lie, it was definitely time for her first haircut, I was just not envisioning it to go down like that. Her hair looks and feels much more healthy and maybe it will thicken up some. 

No comments: