Saturday, May 10, 2014

All About Ally

Seems like I've been so busy lately with the kiddos, school and just life that I haven't been posting as often as I usually do. After posting about the boys recently, I felt led to document a little about sister.

Allyson has been a busy bee lately. She goes to preschool every Tuesday and Thursday at a local church and enjoys it. She comes home everyday telling me who she has invited to our house to play and who was nice/mean to her. She is definitely a little social butterfly. Ally only has 2 more weeks of school left and then she'll be home everyday. Even though she is young for her class, we are going to start her on Kindergarten curriculum this fall. She has started asking me how to spell words and is interested in reading. I have been working with her on sight words and her writing has improved over the last few months.

On Monday, Wednesday and Friday she is in the school room with us and has work of her own to complete. This is one of the pages she did a few months ago and the bottom answer made me crack up. We have been pushing eating healthy food for quite some time and her answer is a classic!
Here are the kiddos scoping books out this week. Jase was showing her something in a book he was reading. I try to keep school structured {it is just the way I am wired}; however, I know that is not necessarily how my kids are wired. So, whenever they both plop down on the floor with a mess of books, I usually just sit back and enjoy the view.
We went to Kelley's this week after one of Jase's games and Allyson was so captivated with this figurine. She asked us to take her picture with him. We even joked around and said we should have asked to borrow him for the Texas Showdown party! Ha! She has a great imagination and plays so well by herself. We were driving down the road here recently and Shawn looked back and she was telling a story and using her fingers as little puppets. Speaking of parties, she has been planning her birthday party for months now. {I wonder where she gets that from!?} We have already had theme changes, so I will not be taking her serious for a couple more months now. She is totally into it and has invited anyone she comes into contact with. We were in Bullritos a few weeks ago and she made a new friend while eating that was probably at least double her age. Ally later told me that she invited her to her birthday party. So random! Haha!
T-ball! She has not missed a game this season. While she is physically at the games, she is not always mentally present. I know she is young, but I do not foresee a huge sports career in her future, and that's completely fine with me. Below are some pics of her from her last game. She is playing pitcher in the picture on the left and while the batter is hitting she takes her glove off and pushes her socks down and pushes her baseball pants up. I'm not sure if she was working on her tan or worried about her fashion statement, but it cracked us up!
Allyson is also in ballet right now too and that is definitely more her speed. She enjoys the dainty movements and we are getting excited about recital coming up at the end of this month.

To wrap up the post, below is my sweet girl yesterday singing along with a bible verse CD we listen to during homeschool. It helps the kids learn the memory verse we are studying each week.

No comments: