Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Week 16 Update

16 weeks this past Sunday and it marked the first day to wear maternity clothes with this little one. My stomach is starting to come out a bit and to be honest I have been feeling frumpy in non-maternity clothes. Plus, clothes were starting to get pretty tight or begin not to fit. So, it was time to pull out the bin. Here I am in my first maternity outfit this go 'round on Sunday.
Me and the boys drove down to medical center this morning for my monthly check-up. Shawn was able to meet us there, which was nice. We heard the baby's heartbeat (150 BPM), which is always a relief when I am still early in the pregnancy and you can't feel the baby move just yet. I have felt a few flutters here and there when I am lying in bed, but it's still hard to tell. Seems like around 17-18 weeks I began to feel the others move, so the movement should be picking up soon. My blood pressure was normal (maybe 110/72) and I gained 4 pounds this past month. Other than needing a nap everyday and feeling pretty tired by 8:00 pm, I have been feeling fine. I'm hoping I get some fresh legs in the next week or two...I sure could use them. But if I don't, the tiring journey will be well worth the prize later this fall!

I scheduled my next appointment, which includes the anatomy scan (i.e. ultrasound to determine the sex of the baby) for next month. Super excited! Yes, we are going to find out. The way I look at it, you either find out at 20 weeks or at 40 weeks, so why not 20?! The plan is to have a small reveal party with family a day or two after my appointment and find out then with everyone at our home. Should be fun and stay tuned in for that blog post! :-)

I love our doctor. He has delivered all 3 of my kiddos and I am very at ease with him and trust him fully in the delivery room. The kids have been joining me on all of my appointments with this pregnancy and my doctor always makes it a point to carry on a conversation with them. They're not a bother to him, which always makes me feel good. Today he and Jase were talking about Star Wars and Jase was telling him how big of a fan he is. My doctor told Shawn and I there is a house we need to show him in Rice Village, that Jase would like it. After my appointment, he went and looked up the address of the house for us. Super nice of him to do that.

So, on our way to lunch we drove by the house! It was designed after Darth Vader! How cool is that!!! It was built in 1992, it is currently appraised for $2M, the market value is $2.8M and taxes on this bad boy was over $38,000 for 2013! Yes, I might have did a little bit of research on it!
Even the shape of the house is different when you look at the aerial view. Anyway, we thought this house was pretty neat. Jase said it reminded him of Episode VI too...I forget exactly why...I'm not a Star Wars guru by any means.

No comments: