Sunday, September 16, 2012

Allyson's Disney Princess Party

My little princess is still talking about her princess birthday party, so that is all I need to hear to call it a success!  Allyson is completely into princesses these days, in particular the Disney princesses, so it was very easy to plan her 3rd birthday and all the details that went along with it.  We decided to have two parties this year: one with her girlfriends and another with family.  Looking back I think it went great and I'm glad we did it that way.

My sister found some Disney princess purses on Pinterest and they were super cute, so off to Hobby Lobby we went and bought stuff to make them.  This was the first thing me, my mom and sister worked on a couple of weeks before the party.  They were pretty easy to make, you just need the bags, tulle, trim and a hot glue gun.  Before all the girls left the party, each princess got to take one home.

I did not spend a ton of money on decor; I borrowed quite a bit and used what I had.  I made placemats for all the girls using 12x12 scrapbook paper and stickers for their name and had them laminated.  I think they turned out super cute and they took them home when they left.

The food . . . this is probably my favorite part, I just get into it!! I did the same thing for Jase's Lego Star Wars party and enjoyed it as well.


How AWESOME is the Cinderella cake?!?!  My best friend made it!!  Super cute, delicious and Allyson absolutely LOVED it!!

Here were all the food items at our party:

Princess Jasmine's Peanut Butter and Jellies - Shoe, Crown and Heart shaped sandwiches
Dwarfs' Golden Mine Nuggets - McDonald's Chicken Nuggets
Prince Charming's Cheese & Crackers - Ritz crackers, mild cheddar cheese and colby jack cheese
Fair Tale Fruit Tray - Cantaloupe, pineapple, grapes
Non-Poisonious Apples - Apple slices & caramel cheesecake apple dip
Aurora's Berries - Strawberries, blueberries, and raspberries
Queen's Krispies - Trix Krispie Treats
Aladdin's Animal Crackers - Animal crackers
Ariel's Goldfish Crackers - Goldfish crackers
A Kiss From Belle - Hershey Kisses
Fairy Godmother's Magic Wands - Pretzel Rods dipped in white chocolate and decorated with sprinkles
Prince Naveen's Pond Punch - Lime Sherbet with Lemon-Lime soda
Tiana's Beignets - Cream puffs with powdered sugar
Sleeping Beauty's Strawberry Lemonade - Crystal Light Lemonade with sugared strawberries
Prince Phillip's Petit Fours - Homemade petit fours shaped like crowns, shoes and hearts by my mom
Cinderella's Cookies - Sugar cookies shaped like crowns, shoes, and hearts by my mom
Chocolate Candy Jewels - Sixlet chocolate candies
Enchanted Cupcakes - Homemade cupcakes by Michelle
Royal Dipped Oreos - Double Stuffed Oreos, dipped in white chocolate with sprinkles

We also put out a few more things out for the adults: my mom's yummy chicken salad sandwiches, chips and a veggie tray.

With decor and food out of the way, now onto the party!! Since this was a princess party, we decided to have only princesses at the party.  Boy, can I tell you how mellow this party was without boys?!?  I mean, the girls did not run around, they sat and ate, played a little; it was very relaxing for the girls and parents.

What would a princess party be without a Real Princess???  So, I asked around and my friend had someone in mind that was up for dressing up and coming to the party.  The little girls loved princess!  She stayed for the first hour of the party.



After the girls interacted with Princess Jaleen, they all found their seat and decorated their own crowns.  I bought these at Hobby Lobby and they came in packs of 8.


Next, the moms made their daughter's plates and they enjoyed lunch.

Cake and presents were followed after lunch.

The girls found their way into the playroom and enjoyed the rest of the time in there.
Our family party was very laid back, it was nice.  Our little princess had a wonderful 3rd birthday!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It was a great party!!! I still laugh when I think about how calm the girls were. Way to go mom!