Monday, September 24, 2012

Hallelujah!!

Ok, so it was about 6 weeks ago when my sweet daughter dropped my laptop on the floor and my hard drive completely crashed. For about 2 weeks I was beyond sick about it. I had not backed up to my external hard drive for probably over a year. So, for the past year, all the pictures of my kiddos were gone. ;( And I was really upset about all the Disney pictures. It was such a memorable time and I didn't have pictures. Now, I did have pictures from my phone, my mom's and Shawn's, but I took pictures on my camera of just about everything, especially of Star Wars weekend. Long story short, I have been completely bummed about it.

My dad has a friend that worked in IT and he has been working with my dad over the past month, trying different things (including putting my hard drive in the freezer) to see if they could get it to work. Last week they downloaded a recovery software program and started running it. It took over 3 days for the data to transfer from my hard drive to a new external hard drive. It finished up this morning, so I went over to my parents' house to check it out.

As they were looking through all the files, there were several (like 16,000) JPEG files and we opened up a few and they were definitely pictures that I didn't want to lose. Later we started digging into the files and we found some video from Jase's birthday party this year, but could not find any pictures that were past April 30, 2012. Meaning that we could not find any Disney pictures. All of the pictures that were saved from the recovery saved in a random fashion; I did not see any of my file folders or anything. Then when I looked in one folder, I noticed that it kind of looked like my old hard drive. I ended up clicking in the User folder, then Jessica, then Pictures . . . and there they were!!!! Every single one of my pictures were there! I was so relieved and so thankful! All of my documents, favorites, folders, everything was there!! Praise God! So thankful for my dad and his friend, and the time they spent on it!!!

I had to take this picture with my phone when I pulled it up!


I told Shawn that if we recovered pictures that I would be printing several pictures; photobooks or something! So excited to have these pictures back again and all the memories they stand for!

3 comments:

The Mery Family said...

Definitely do a Disney trip photo book! The kids will love looking at it! I made one for Nathan and my European vacation and loved it so much I started making family yearbooks of all my favorites from the year.

Unknown said...

Yay! I am so happy for you!

Jessica said...

Krista- I definitely plan on doing a Disney photobook and soon!!

Heather- thank you!