Thursday, May 2, 2013

Boot camp?

So this morning, as I was lying in bed I was browsing Groupon, which has become a hotspot for me lately! Love me some good deals!! Anyway, I came across one I had seen a while back for a boot camp. It was super cheap and only a few miles away. After making sure this would fit into our schedule, I bought it!!

Around 11:00 this morning I started thinking "What did I do? Why did I sign up for this?" I'm ready to get in shape and get back down to my prepregnancy weight, so I thought this might be a good jump start for me.

I printed out my forms and arrived 10 mins early to make sure I knew where I was going. I asked a few friends to do it with me, but no takers! As I pull up I notice EVERYONE has a yoga mat and weights!! Yikes, I didn't read that fine print! I got out and spoke to the trainer and he said I will need 3 things each class: weights, water and a mat. I'm 1 for 3! He asked if I have been working out and I should have replied "does it look like it?", but I politely said no. He told me then I would probably need 5 lb hand weights. {I'm sure I have a pair around the house from one of my midnight infomercial purchases!}

I get a spot and try to make small talk...totally felt like the first day of college at San Jac, except everyone else knew someone and I didn't! Ha! I watched 2 other new girls walk up without mats and weights so I felt better! I overheard his convo with one of the girls (and she was tiny) and he told her she probably needed 7-8 lb weights. What's up with that?!? You don't think this big girl can handle 7-8 lb weights? ;-) She must have answered "yes" to the workout question.

We were about to start and I find out it is a "legs day", which means I won't be able to walk or sit on the toilet tomorrow! Fun! {Did I mention we live in a two story home?!?} We start 30-60 seconds intervals of lunges, squats, etc and about 5-10 minutes into it I am already thinking "well I just donated my money because I am not coming back!" They don't call it boot camp for no reason!

I kept at it and pushed through to the end. I'm so glad I did and am even looking forward to attending the next session, if I can walk by then that is. The trainer played music during the workout and a couple of songs were from an upbeat Christian artist, Toby Mac, which I thought was cool. And at the end he even prayed. I thought that was awesome as well, his own ministry!

Here goes to getting back on track to eating healthy again and exercising! #icandoit

No comments: