Saturday, May 18, 2013

LEGO Kids Fest

This morning I took the older two to Reliant Center for the LEGO Kids Fest!! {Daddy was not able to join us, so Aunt Alisha filled in for him.} I'm not sure if they this here in Houston in years past, but this was the first time I had ever heard of it and it was super fun! I actually had flashbacks to Disney World at one point. Ha!! We rushed in and took pictures with Lego characters, then we headed to get in line for a Chima activity and I stayed there while Alisha took the kids to a Star Wars exhibit.  Alisha and I were texting back and forth at one point to bring the kids back because I was getting close the front of the line, I had to life the kids over the rail to get in line with me...my adrenaline was pumping!! :)  I live for this!


In short, the exhibit hall had numerous Lego activities set-up for you to do.  Most of the booths/areas/sections were hands-on and allowed you to get in there and build, which the kids loved! A couple of them had you sit down and listen to how to build/construct or how an idea came about.  It was great.  Basically any area of Lego (i.e. Lego City, Star Wars, Chima, Friends, etc.) was there for you to take part in.


The kids got to participate in a Chima Speedorz Challenge.  They had 30 seconds to make all of their Speedorz travel through the obstacles in front of them.  It took them nearly the entire 30 seconds to figure out what to do, but they each were given a set to take home to practice on, which was very cool.  I think that same set is sold for around $15.


After that we watched teams work together to build a bridge and then it was later tested to see if it was strong enough to hold it's own weight and additional weight.  We decided to wait around and let the kids get in line to become part of a team to build one. {Sorry to the lady below...this was the only decent shot I got of the Alisha and the kids and you appear to be scratching your nose.}



Some footage of their team building their bridge!


And here is Allyson doing her own thing!! Haha!





And here is their bridge getting put to the test!!


Lego Friends...Legos that are made for girls!!  Allyson has grown to love them!!


The kids built their own vehicle and raced them down the steep street.


Next, we met up with some friends!!!  The kids were super excited to see each other!



And before leaving, we took a few more pictures!




Lastly, here are the my two pirates posing for the camera back at the house.  With the help of some grandparents, they were able to buy some pretty cool things from the Lego Kids Fest!



No comments: