Thursday, August 29, 2013

9 Years!

Yesterday Shawn and I celebrated 9 wonderful years of marriage together. I can still remember our wedding day, so it is hard to believe that it has been 9 years already. And we've been together for a total of 17 years, so we've been together more of my life than we've been apart. Now that's crazy to think about! I'm so thankful for him. I thoroughly enjoy being around him and he has always been able to put a smile on my face. Some of my favorite past times with him are simply taking road trips and just talking. Talking about our family plans, dreams, jobs, children, The Lord. I love how we are almost always on the same page in life. If one of us is thinking it, then usually the other one says it.

Shawn has been wanting to participate in a cooking class, but it just hadn't worked out for us yet. Then he found Well Done Cooking Classes online and they were offering a Low Glycemic class, which is right up our alley. And what do you know, it was on our anniversary, so we signed up! The class is in a townhouse in the Heights and the set-up is pretty neat. Instead of having a dining and living room area, they installed a huge U-shaped kitchen bar that seats 16 people. The chefs cut and measure out all of your ingredients beforehand and you do all of the cooking. Oh and they do all the dishes...major bonus!!{I found out last night that this company started receiving more business after they were on an episode of TLC's The Little Couple.}

We ended up making 2 meals, which I did not expect at all. The first one was Grilled Miso Chicken with Roasted Brussels Sprouts. One of my favorite parts of this meal was the creamy onion sauce we added to the top of the chicken. This is definitely something I could replicate at home and it added so much flavor to the meal!


Our next meal was Nut Encrusted Salmon on a bed of wilted greens with Quinoa Pilaf. It was tasty as well, but I was already full from all the water I had drank, oh and not to mention the first meal! 


Me and my babe below!! Thanks for a wonderful night! And my Christmas gift that I wore last night too. It symbolizes our family! I just love it!


I thought my name tag was very fitting!! :-)




1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wha a fun idea! Congrats on 9 years!!!