Thursday, August 29, 2013

My Preschooler

Exciting week for my little girl! She had ""Meet the Teacher" on Tuesday for her 4 year old preschool class! As we were walking in, she hid herself behind me and got beyond scared. This the norm for her lately with new places and faces {especially men}. We have really been working on her being "brave" and praying about doing better with new experiences.

Once she was in Ms. Tracy's classroom she was more relaxed and had already made her teacher laugh! After a few minutes, she asked me if it was time to go and I said yes, and we headed home.


After we got home I was busy cleaning out my suburban because we were picking up my mom and aunt from the airport, so I wanted to pick up a bit and take out the stroller so they would have enough room for their luggage. The kids were inside playing and Finn was in and outside. After I finished I walked into the playroom and saw Ally sitting in the corner in an Elmo chair. I asked her what was wrong and she said that her throat hurt. I asked her to come here and I bent down and gave her a hug. Next thing I knew she was throwing up . . . everywhere! Poor thing. I just let her finish what she started and then off in the bathtub she went. Trying not to go into panic mode because I had a HUGE mess to clean up and Finn was right there! I gated him and Jase upstairs {which Finn did NOT like} and tended to the mess.

While I was bathing Allyson she had already started perking up and getting back to her old self. I asked about her throat and if it still hurt and she told me no it didn't. I inquired a few more times throughout the day about it and no throat issues, no fever, no nothing. I have come to conclusion that it was her nerves that made her sick to her stomach!! I'll just say that the apples doesn't fall very far from the tree!!  Haha!

Later that afternoon we worked on her art assignment from school! Every year her school has a theme that is carried out throughout the school year and it is really cute. The two years Jase attended they themes were "rock star" and "wild about learning". This year it is "Dive into Learning" so she had to decorate a fish.


I asked her what all the different colors stood for and she told me: blue for Cinderella, pink for Ariel {when she wore the pink dress} and yellow for Belle! I love my little Princess! So, I couldn't resist helping her with this!! Haha! I know, I'm terrible! She was happy with the finished product!

Today was her first day at school. After Tuesday's incident with her nerves, I had already made a decision on NOT serving her milk this morning! Water it was! She was very excited when I woke her up and I did my best to excite her as well. I got all the kids up, fed, dressed and out the door on time! Can I get a hallelujah?!?! 


It was so hard for her not to fill her backpack full of junk stuff before we left. She wanted to bring books and toys! I actually had to have her unpack 10 books she put in there this morning! We prayed in the car and afterwards she told me she was going to be brave! We called Daddy on the way to school and Ally was giddy on the phone with him. Me and the boys walked her into class and she was such a BIG girl! She didn't even cry or whimper or anything; just took off her backpack and started unloading it! The Lord definitely calmed her nerves and I am so thankful for that. While I will miss having her at home everyday, I know this will be good for her on coming out of her shell a bit.

Blurry pictures below {I'm sure my hand was shaking!}, but this was her this morning. So big!


Me and the boys headed back home. Finn played and Jase and I got started on school. We took a break around 11:30 and ran through the CFA drive-thru for some lunch. I laid Finn down around noon and we wrapped up our reading just before 1:00 and school is out for us until tomorrow! Speaking of school, here is a clip from this morning of Jase and I saying the date at the table together! Fun times with my boy!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Way to go Ally! We loves Mrs. Tracy. Hope she has a great years.