Saturday, August 31, 2013

Peter Piper Pizza Party Time!

We celebrated Allyson's 4th birthday today at Peter Piper Pizza (PPP). Hard to believe that today is her last day as a 3 year old. Where in the world did the last 4 years go?!? {sniff, sniff} Within the past 3-4 months I have really noticed how big she has gotten, she's no baby for sure. Ally is old enough to where she and Jase can play games together and I enjoy playing with them and watching.



Back to PPP. So, this was our first birthday party away from the house {aside from a birthday at a park 2 years ago}. If I am being completely honest, I was going through a bit of withdrawal not being able to party plan and set things up. I was interested to see how the party would play out there and compare it to being at home.

Early this morning I happened to look at my calendar on my phone and it said Ally's party from 12:30 - 2:00 pm. Hmmm...Really?!? The invite I made had 12:00 - 1:30 pm on it. Yikes! Sure enough, I called to confirm and it was 12:30 - 2:00. I have NO idea how I did that! I had planned on showing up at 11:30 and setting the tables up and making it a little more of our own, but then realized I couldn't be there an hour early and just camp out with my kiddos. Already off to a crazy start before the party started!

Then I got there and saw this sign...


Really?!? I've never, ever seen this spelling of Allyson. Now I do realize we spell it differently when compared to Allison/Alison/Alyson, but Alicen. C'mon people. I told them it was incorrect and was hoping they would change it, but it stayed "Alicen's party". I had bigger fish to fry so I let it go.


The cake was beautiful, as always! As soon as it came out of the box, the party next to us "ooohhh'd and aahhh'd" over it! Great job, Michelle!



I think the kids enjoyed the games at PPP. Now the token count here is much higher than at CEC, but the game selection is fresh and new. And according to my husband they had some cool adult games! 


So, Alex hit 1,000 tickets TWICE on a game! Curazy!! And then he gave the tickets to Ally! Such a sweetheart! 




Cake time. Moments before we called the kids over, I realized I did not bring a candle!!! How do you sing "Happy Birthday" and not have a candle to blow out!? Geez! Fail. I asked a couple of family members for a lighter and they did not have one on them. Of course. Then I start wondering if there was an app I could download that would let her blow out a candle on my phone...ahhh, no time for that. I asked PPP if they have any extra, anything...nope! At this point, I've stalled enough and I think a couple of people had started singing "Happy Birthday", but luckily others did not join in. Last resort: the party table right next to us! Borrowed their candle and lighter! {Don't worry, they had just used it, so I was not using it before them!} The other mom said "we're all in this together" and I laughed and thought "true story." As I'm putting the borrowed "6" candle on the cake I can see confusion on Ally's face. Then Jase chimes in with "why is there a 6 on her cake?" No time to explain..."Happy birthday to you..." At the end of the song I bent down and told her that she would get 2 extra wishes this year!! She got so excited when I said that! 


My father-in-law caught it on video!! While the quality isn't excellent, you can see her reaction! Priceless.




She received so many gifts and she loved them ALL! What a blessing to have so many friends and family join us to help celebrate.


And nothing special, but here are the party favors we {me and the hubs!} put together. I couldn't do Tinkerbell for the boys, so I went with Toy Story.




And here is Allyson's BIG prize from cashing in all her tickets! She was proud of this bowling set!



Our group right before exiting to door.


Whew...I survived! Now don't get me wrong, I loved the no clean-up factor, but it's no secret I like to be in control. Haha! And at PPP I felt like I had zero control. Definitely out of my comfort zone, but all-in-all I would say it was a success. Happy birthday sweet girl!

No comments: