Thursday, August 15, 2013

A Day with Daddy

Today Jase went to work with Shawn for "Take your child to work day". He was really excited about it. Shawn sent me pictures throughout the day to keep me posted and I was surprised at how much his company had set-up for them to do. 

They started off the day by building a boat and testing it in the water in the courtyard to see how long it would float. Shawn said that his team's boat stayed afloat the longest.


They also got to watch a team with older kids test out their robot they assembled.


Each child received a "Think Like a Scientist" kit, which was really cool. It contains all sorts of experiments to complete at home. It will be fun to incorporate some of these activities when we start school back up. The kids also worked with open and closed circuits.


Here is a short clip of Jase's team's closed circuit.



Like father, like son! Below Jase was trying Daddy's job on for size! Haha! 


Here Jase was working the robot.


I'm so used to having him home, so it definitely felt different with him not being here. In the afternoon me and the two kids got out to run an errand and I ran through Sonic since it was happy hour. Allyson told me she wanted a strawberry slush and to get Jase a blue coconut slush. I told her I wasn't buying Jase one because he was with Daddy. She really started crying when they handed me the drink order and only gave us 2 drinks instead of 3!!

And as if all that wasn't a full day, the boys went golfing after work and didn't home until 9:30 or so. Below is some footage of Jase ripping a shot! He was beat when he got home and I envisioning him sleeping in late in the morning. :)


I nearly forgot. Wednesday night we were getting ready for bed and I saw him writing on a note card. I tucked Ally into bed then came down stairs. Shawn finished devotions with Jase shortly and then he came down and showed me this.


Jase wanted to take this to his Daddy's work and show people. Completely melted our heart to see him want to tell people about Jesus. And the bible verse he hi-lighted is Ephesians 6:1 "Children, obey your parents in the Lord for this is right." I guess he had planned on preaching to them!! Haha!! My older two have this one memorized! 

No comments: