Saturday, November 9, 2013

Closing a door

Exercise lately has been low on the priority list lately. I had stopped when I found out I was pregnant {about 5 weeks ago}, but since I have miscarried I have not been able to switch gears again and get back in the game! Well, this past Tuesday I received an email from the half marathon I signed up to do {oh yeah, that thing!} letting me know I could pick up my packet and bib today. This was a huge reminder that if I was going to do it, then now was the time to give it a go and get back to training. I was up for the challenge.

I left the house and went for a run that same evening and about 10 minutes into it, my left knee started acting up. I was wearing my brace, but this was exactly what it was doing 5 weeks ago as well. I was able to push through and run for another 8 minutes, but after that I had to stop. So, 10 o'clock at night and a little over a mile away from home...not good! The walk back was good though as it gave me time to clear my head and really think about things. I realized that at this point in time I cannot run long distances. Time to hang it up. While I would love to run the half marathon, it is just not worth the pain in my knee to continue on. Ain't nobody got time for a knee surgery around here!!

And I'm ok with this. I'm not looking at this as a failure, but more so of closing a door on this part of my life. Where one door closes, another opens, right? :)

No comments: