Saturday, January 11, 2014

Happenings of Finn

My little Finn. I just love him. This month he will be 18 months...a year and a half already! Time is flying by. I felt the need to document a little about him since he will be out of this phase before I know it.
Finn at lunch time this week
He loves loves to be outside. I'm so glad the weather has been warming up a bit and we can be outdoors more. I think more than being outside, he loves balls. All types. Footballs, basketballs, baseballs. We went for a walk yesterday and he carried his basketball and wanted to stop at EVERY house that had a goal in their driveway to shoot. It was too funny. I ended up carrying him because it would have taken forever. Here is a normal car riding position for him.
He is a mess I tell ya! And we have made the mistake of letting him take a hard baseball in the house a time or two...yeah, that thing goes flying right in your face. A lover of balls, you get the picture. :)

He talks quite a bit to me. Well let me rephrase that, he makes a lot of noise. Even though he is babbling and his vocabulary is limited, he can now communicate what he wants most of the time. I can usually tell when he wants to go outside, needs something to eat or drink, wants a ball, or is tired. Oh and he will bring me books and motion for me to sit on the floor with him. Then he will sit in my lap and give me the book to read to him. It is the sweetest thing I tell you. I remember when Allyson started doing that.

And he is still a fan of electric outlets, but usually doesn't bother them too often...he has moved up in the world. We are now onto light switches. Every. Single. Room. He wants to turn the switch on and off. At first he would flip the light on/off right away, now he will tease you by putting his finger on the switch and smile and then after several seconds he will flip it. Little turkey! He loves to see the light turn off/on!

Guns...he is a fan. Not sure if he would have a choice in the matter, living in this household, but nonetheless he likes them. Anytime Jase has his Old Betsy gun downstairs, you better bet that Finn will want it. Here is a clip where Finn won and got the gun.
Yes, I flinch every time he has it and just waiting for him to hit the TV! Speaking of TV, here is a video of him watching The Duck Commander with the boys. He thought it was the funniest thing.
This past week or so he has started walking backwards and it is too cute. I was trying to get him to do it this week after dinner and he just thought I was taking a picture of him. He definitely has "cheese" down!!
He gives the sweetest sugars around. And you better believe that I ask for them often! He better love his Mama! School time is interesting when he is awake since he thinks he should be in the midst of it all, on top of the table, coloring on everything. He is definitely determined. I have learned my lesson not to let him walk around with a crayon anymore. Big mistake. The magic eraser and I have become good friends lately!

He is a good eater and there is not much he doesn't like, which makes meal time less stressful. He sleeps great in his bed {crib} all night long. Such a big boy. Definitely the best sleeper thus far out of the three. He loves his naps and it is nothing for him to take a 2-3 hour nap each day. During that time I usually buckle down and finish school up with the big kids.

Oh I almost forgot...he LOVES shoes! Several times a day I will find him in the laundry room, digging in the shoe bins and putting shoes on! He's gotta thing for boots! :)
He's such a happy baby and we cannot imagine our life without him. Thank you God for this blessing.

Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.    James 1:17

No comments: