Tuesday, July 28, 2015

4th of July

Before July is said and done with, I need to finish my 4th of July post! After finishing up with Duck Commander land, we headed south to visit my MawMaw, PawPaw and Aunt Carole Ann. Everyone knew we were coming, except my MawMaw.
MawMaw was out shopping when we showed up {planned}, so we decided to hide out in a bedroom and let Mae surprise her.

Allyson loves her Pappy. He has Alzheimer's, but that has not stopped us from loving him one bit. Ally got up in his lap several times over the course of the weekend and loved on him. It was sweet. And at one point she was talking to him and I promise you, a tear came out of his eye. It was breathtaking.  
 We decided to try our luck with some fireworks.
Ally had fun with Pop-its. She was scared of the fireworks, but was brave enough to play with these. She was getting fired up and cracking us up!!
There is always time for some baseball. The boys are huge fans!
Happy birthday, PawPaw. I'm so glad that we were there to celebrate with you. Below is my younger brother {Shannon} and sister {Alisha}.
Out of the blue on Saturday my sister pulls up in LA and surprises us all! She woke up earlier that morning and felt led to come. It was great to see her!
It was great visiting the family over the 4th. I wish we could have hopped on a plane to go home. We got into the car at 10:30 am and pulled up at the house at 7:30 pm...it was a long day. And our little Hankie got out while we were gone. We got him back, so that is the good news.

No comments: