Thursday, December 1, 2016

Mae's Minnie Party

Over the Thanksgiving holidays we gave Maebry a 2nd birthday party in Pasadena with family and close friends. She loves Minnie, so I thought that would be a fun theme for her party. I debated on the traditional red/black/white Minnie or the pink Minnie. Obviously you can tell that I went with the pink Minnie! It was so fun to put it all together.
I had two tables set-up. One for treats and one for real food! LOL! And of course we had "themed" food: Pluto's Pretzels, "Minnie" Treats, Clarabelle's Cheesecake Cups, Tickle Me Pink Punch, Goofy's Circus Animal Cookies, and Mouseketools {spoons/forks}.
Bowtie Pasta {under the foil}, Hot Diggity Dogs, Minnie's Bows, Daisy's Garden Veggies, "Minnie Crackers & Cheese. I really do enjoy this stuff, so this is fun for me.
Now I did struggle a little with not being at home and not having barely any supplies with me. I ended up making food signs from some cardstock I picked up a Walmart that morning and some dried out markers of Allyson's! Ha! Not ideal, but it worked.
For table décor I used some 12x12 scrapbooking paper I had brought down with me as placemats, printed some pictures at Walmart and stood them up with cardstock {Thank you YouTube!} and some fresh flowers.
That lady in the picture of above, scooping out sherbet...what a HUGE help she was! Many thanks to my Mama for staying up with me to party prep and being my right-hand woman on setting up! And the ladies to the left of her (Pope Fam) showed up early to do anything they could. Such a blessing for sure.

Mae was super shy while we sang Happy Birthday and I'm not sure she said too many words all day long. She does talk, I promise! She definitely came alive while opening gifts!
Daddy and Maebry! Also known as TWINS!
I set-up a fun photo booth wall and plenty of pictures were taken in front of it, which made my heart happy!
We rented a Mickey Mouse Clubhouse bounce house for the kids and that was a hit. In all the parties we've given, this is the first time I've ever rented a bounce house, do you believe that? Ha!
Pin the bow on Minnie! The little kids played this game after most of the crowd had left and they loved it! They each got several turns. I loved playing Pin the Tail on the Donkey as a kid. Special thanks to Jessica {she is holding Mae below} and her family. They let us use their party room, which was a huge blessing and the perfect venue.
The French Fam! Love this crew to bits! Mae would not put down her stroller for the picture, so it got lifted up along with her! Happy 2 years, sweet Maebry Leigh!

No comments: