Saturday, December 31, 2016

Visiting Waco, Texas

On Thursday, December 29th, we drove down to Waco, Texas to site see. I have been wanting to spend some time in this cute little town for a while now. We are big fans of the Fixer Upper show on HGTV that is based in Waco! My mom, Alisha and Michael decided to join us since they were headed back that way too.

First stop: Magnolia! And let me tell you it was packed! The people in the picture below are waiting in line to get in. Super cool place though, just tons of people so it is was hard to take your time and look at every little thing. 

Again, Finn with the signs! Haha!
Nanny and her grandbabies!
After the Silos, we had traveled to Jake's Texas Tea House. They only serve lunch and they were packed as well. We definitely showed up at a high volume time and with a large table, we waited for quite a while. I will say that once we got seated and ordered, our food came out pretty quick and it was delicious! I loved the sweet tea! I shared a hamburger and fries with Finn and we didn't finish it. I also ordered their sweet potato fries...to die for!
My sweet Finn! Oh how I will miss not having a 4-year old around the house; such a sweet age!
After lunch we walked to Spice Village off of 3rd Street. They have tons of vendors under one roof. Michael and Allyson were walking partners! Sweet.
Here is our gang on the street!!
I found this ice cream sandwich food truck and we had to try them out! Pokey O's! Homemade cookies wrapped around ice cream, what's not to love?! They are in different locations throughout the day and you can locate where they are on their Instagram page. Anyway, heaven.
One last stop: Harp Design Co. Clint Harp from Fixer Upper has some mad carpentry skills, so Shawn wanted to check out his work in person!
What a fun day we had and I'm sure we only scratched the surface of this fun town! Waco, until we meet again!

No comments: