Thursday, December 1, 2016

Thanksgiving Week

We had a great Thanksgiving week visiting family and friends. Aside from the birthday party, we stayed pretty low key most days.

We spent one afternoon with my dad and Cony. We played dominos for quite a while on the front porch. I have memories as a kid playing with my dad, so this was special and Jase jumped in the game too! I always remember my dad saying "you score, I score" and that is true most of the time. He definitely analyzes the game and knows what dominoes will score and how many are left in play.
We spent one day with Shawn's family. It was great to see everyone and for all the cousins to catch up!
We drove up to Livingston on Wednesday to visit my mom's side of the family. Most of them had not seen Maebry at all, so it was neat to spend time with them. It is beautiful at my aunt's house and we got tons of outdoor time in, especially the boys, Shawn included!
As you can imagine, there was no shortage of food on Thanksgiving for us! Every dessert, side dish and appetizer you can think of, we had it!
The kitchen...where the magic happens! Below Aunt Kathleen is making her famous rolls!
Ian is frying up some deer back strap. What a beautiful day it was; we could not have asked for prettier weather.
"Chips and hot dip" was Finn's request all week long! It was the funniest thing. He even asked for that last night. I might need to have some on-hand for my little guy!
This was only a fraction of the crew that celebrated Thanksgiving with us. Three of my kids are were loading up in the car! Ha! So good catching up, sharing old stories, and laughing all the while.
When the kids weren't fishing, they were playing football out front.
It wasn't long at all before all the kids were out. I think Ally was the only one who stayed awake the entire ride home.
Back at Nanny & PawPaw's house, we got plenty of QT with Uncle Shannon, which was really nice!
And to top it off, Shawn and I got to get away one night. What a treat that was; thanks Nanny and PawPaw!
It was a great week with the people we love!

No comments: