Sunday, September 4, 2011

Allyson's Sesame Street Birthday Party

We had a wonderful birthday party for Allyson on Saturday.  Sesame Street was our theme and I really had fun with it.  Allyson just loves Elmo, Cookie Monster, Bert and Ernie so I wanted it to be special for her.


The kids' table


My best friend made the cake and cupcakes...they were so cute!  She did such a great job on them, and of course they tasted delicious as well!  I had a fun time making and putting together all of the decorations.  I am so thankful for my mom, sister and Shawn helping me put things together and brain storming with me. 

I set up stations for the kids to go through at the beginning of the party.  I gave each child a paper bag and they wrote their name on it before we got started.  Each station they went to, they would receive a small prize to put in their bag. We all started off at Bert's Book Nook and I read a book to them "How do Dinosaur's Eat their Food?"  After that I walked the kids through all the stations and explained what to do and then they were off.  The kids really enjoyed Bubbles with Big Bird the most, which is funny to me because it was probably the easiest station I set up.  Less is more, right?

The kids had a fun time playing in the backyard.
Our Elmo and Cookie Monster Family!
Allyson had a great time at her party and wow, I can't believe that she is actually 2!!  We are so blessed with her in our lives.  She is so sweet and so loving, it is absolutely adorable.  Can't wait until next years party! :)

PS: I got a lot of the ideas from here.  Super cute ideas and decor.

No comments: