Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Snack & Safari Day

After school this afternoon the kids wanted a snack.  I always lead with the healthy snacks first and if those aren't selected, then we move down the healthy food chain.  Today apples and peanut butter was the winner.  Earlier this Spring I started buying all natural peanut butter, which only contains peanuts and salt and I love it.  Shawn has been eating it for over a year and tried to convince me to try it, but I was always a JIF girl and wasn't giving it up.  As a family we are trying (trying is the key word) to eat healthier, which means less processed foods, so we switched over and boy I am glad that we did.  If you haven't tried it...you need to!

Back to the snack.  Jase was eating his apples and PB he told me he wanted something else.  I remembered we had a brownie or two left that my mom had sent home this past weekend.  I opened it up and two...I gave him the bigger one and I took the smaller one! :) Healthy eating...what?!?  Sheesh!  He is sitting at the table and says "Mom, you gotta try this, brownie with peanut butter, so good!"  Next thing you know he brings me a bite, so sweet.  I love apples and PB, but wow...brownies and PB...so good.  Tomorrow is a new day and I am getting back on track.

Today at Jase's school was Safari Day.  They were going on a safari to look for animals and were encouraged to dressed in camo, animal print or other safari attire.  I remembered he had an outfit that he wore to his 4th birthday party that would be perfect: Safari Expedition.  When I picked him up from school he was telling me all about the monkeys and chameleons he saw on the safari.  He absolutely loved it.

After church tonight I reminded him to tell Daddy about his safari and then he got his binoculars.  Jase was so excited!  Then Daddy told him after dinner he would get out his binoculars for Jase to look at.  You should have heard him, he was so giddy and it was so cute! 


Jase and Daddy scoping out the scene


My little Safari Man!

No comments: