Thursday, September 15, 2011

A Walk in the Park

Today I took the kids to the park for a little exercise and to eat lunch outdoors.  There is one section at the park where there is a playground and surrounding it is a circular sidewalk.  I thought, oh that will be great to take the kids to and they can play I can walk.  The circle is not that big (.07 tenths of a mile to be exact...thanks Hubby) so it is very easy to watch the kids while I walk.  That's what I thought.

Jase thinks he needs to get some exercise so he runs in front of me (below) and does jumping jacks...it was cute.  Then Ally must think I am running off and starts running after me.  I held her hand and walked for about 10 seconds and then she tells me "I want to hold you" so up she goes to the right hip.  This is a new workout I like to do...brisk walk with a 25 pounder on your hip...doesn't last very long.  I am able to make it about 5 times around the circle in the midst of pushing kiddos on the swings and reassuring Ally that Mommy isn't leaving, then it's lunch time!!


While sitting at the table I explained to Jase that I was trying to walk and get some exercise, get in shape, get fit.  He understood exercise, but asked "what is get in shape?"  I so did not want to get in the "your mommy needs to drop some weight" conversation with my 4 year old and definitely didn't want to use the "F" word, so I told him that Mommy needed to work on her muscles to make them big and strong.  I made a fast escape on that one!

After lunch I attempted to walk again.  My little shadow was soon chasing after me and Jase found the oranges so he was preoccupied.  I then remembered my phone...I turned on a Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and they were good to go...thank you YouTube!! I was able to get a good walk in, so it actually turned out nice.  I might have a new spot to go if my phone is charged! :)

No comments: