Thursday, November 15, 2012

E-mail to Daddy

Shawn has been working out of town for nearly the past two weeks and we miss him so much.  While we all miss him dearly, I know it is hard on Jase . . . he needs his Daddy!  At some point in the day Jase will ask me "can we call Daddy, take a picture and send it to Daddy, write Daddy an e-mail."  It is really sweet.  And now that he is learning to spell/read he will sometimes send Daddy a text on my phone if he is working in Houston.  Shawn will always respond so enthusiastically, I just love it.  Shawn is definitely Jase's hero!

Tonight in the living room, Jase was reading some new (used) books he got about animals and the outdoors.  He brought in stuffed animals from the playroom to match up to what he was reading.


It wasn't long and he was upstairs building a Lego scene to match!  He even taped one of his Lego men to a scene in the book where it looked like the Lego man was on an adventure!  He ended up bringing down this scene and asked me to take a picture to send to Daddy. {The figurines that are bowing down are animals.}


It was late, so I was trying to hurry things along, but Jase had other plans; he wanted me to write an e-mail to Daddy explaining what was going on.  Jase told me word for word what to type to his Daddy.

Daddy,

This is my Lego thing and I thought you would love it. I want you to like it forever. The people in the scene are me, Coby and Seth in the forest and about to go on an adventure, going to capture some animals from around the world. I hope you love it Daddy.

Signed,
From Jase

I checked my e-mail not that long ago and Shawn had replied.

Jase-

I love your Lego thing that you have put together! I love it forever! I love you forever! I am so glad that you like to go on adventures with Coby and Seth. It looks like it was a lot of fun. I want to hear about your adventure when I get home. There are a lot of animals to capture here in Africa and all over the world. I would like to read a book with you and play lego's with you on Friday when I get home from Africa.

P.S. Can you send me one more picture this afternoon (Thursday)? Daddy can see it before he gets on the plane to come home.


Love,
Daddy

Can I just tell you that tears came to my eyes when I read his reply?!?  I can't wait for Jase to get up in the morning so I can share his Daddy's e-mail with him.  Jase will be so excited!!  Shawn has been super busy with work and for him to stop and take time to write his son an e-mail just melted my heart.

No comments: