Thursday, November 1, 2012

November Already!

Time is just a flying by! Hard to believe that 5/6 of the year is over. And I have a 5 1/2 year old, a 3 year old and a 3 month old!! I still have a hard time believing that I have 3 kids; just seems surreal some days.

Here's what the kids are up to these days.

Jase. He is doing great (in my opinion) with reading.  He is learning new consonant blends (i.e. sw, st, fl) weekly and new words everyday.  He is also working on adding/subtracting and doing a great job.  Naturally addition is coming a little easier, but he is seems to like both.  Jase is still a legomaniac!! He will watch or read about a Star Wars scene or we will read a story out of the bible and then he will disappear.  About an hour later he will come downstairs with the complete scene made out of Legos. And all the detail he puts into it is amazing. His soccer season is coming to a close and tonight they had their team party.  The kids ate pizza and cupcakes and we played a Parents vs. Kids game.  The kids had fun running around with us on the field.


Allyson.  We are potty training this week.  Everyday seems to be a little better.  Monday she had about 5 successes and 4 accidents. Then Tuesday we got out in the morning so she wore a pull-up then, but put big girl panties on while we were home and did great.  Yesterday was good except when she pooped in her panties. Not. Fun. To. Clean. Up. And today was the best so far.  She ended up pottying 10 times in the potty and had 1 accident early this morning and then 2 accidents while at Jase's soccer practice.  :-(  I was bummed because she has been doing so well.  Tomorrow is a new day and I am proud of her and the success she has had thus far.  Only thing is that she is not really telling me she needs to go; I am just putting her on the potty every 40-60 minutes and she will usually go.  I think it is starting to sink in.  I'm not sure if it is more work on her or me!! ;-)  She loves every show on Disney Junior, but one of her favorites right now is Doc McStuffins where a little girl makes stuffed animals come to life and in the course of a show will have to give an animal a check-up, make a diagnosis and fix what is wrong.  The theme song to the show is pretty catchy and by now we all know it!  Allyson loves to give people check-ups and diagnose them.  One of my favorites is "You have earstuffinosis". 

Today in the playroom


Finn.  He is getting way too big too fast.  He smiles when you talk to him and cooing quite a bit.  He has recently starting taking his pacifier, which I'm glad because he will jam his whole fist down his throat to chew on something!!  When you put him on his back, he can almost roll over; I don't think it will be much longer.  We are still nursing about half of the time and the other time he gets formula (4 oz).  Finn enjoys his swing and will usually fall asleep in it.

So blessed by each of my three children that the Lord has allowed me to love and raise.  I have to remind myself to slow down and take in these moments because life just happens too fast around here!

Lo, children are an heritage of the Lord: and the fruit of the womb is his reward.  Psalm 127:3

No comments: