Sunday, November 25, 2012

O Christmas Tree

I had to get some pictures of Finn in his Little Moose outfit yesterday. Shawn's boss from Norway bought it for him and I have to say that it is too cute!! And anytime the camera is out, the older two ham it up!

I've started a little tradition every year with the kids to kick off the Christmas season. I buy them each a Hallmark ornament that relates to what they currently like. In 2010 the kids got a couple of Mickey Mouse ornaments. Then last year Ally got Minnie Mouse and Jase got a Cars 2 ornament. This year Jase got Lego Star Wars (Stormtrooper), Allyson got Cinderella and Finn got an elephant that says My First Christmas. I enjoy picking them out and the kids get so excited when I give it to them, especially this year, the ornaments were so fitting!

Usually it is just me that decorates the tree, but this year I had help. I love pulling out all the ornaments and looking at them and reminiscing! Now for Shawn this was simply a job to get done, a task to mark off the list. And I realized I have an exact way I like to decorate the tree: light first, then glass balls, then other ornaments, then bows and lastly the bow on top and mesh ribbons. And you cannot have a cluster of the same ornaments right on top of one another. All that said, it was hard to let go and not rearrange every ornament that was put up!! The tree is like my little work of art. {I hope I am not alone on this!} But when all was said and done, I'm glad my family pitched in and helped!






No comments: