Friday, April 26, 2013

Week in review

Shawn has been home for a little over a week now, but it has still been as busy as ever, even though he is here to help.  SO glad to have him home; this is how it should be!!

Our little Finn is EVERYWHERE!! He loves crawling throughout the house to see what he can get into and he is a climber! I've never had a child climb out of their bed, but for some reason I think he may be the one! He is 9 months now and doesn't slow down much, unless he is asleep!  I love this little guy!


Here is a video of him tonight after dinner.  He is a wild man! Warning on your volume...he is LOUD!


On Monday I made an appointment for Jase and Allyson at the doctor.  Allyson had been really snotty for a few days and Jase ran a mild fever Saturday evening and came down with a cough and he is NEVER sick.  While at the doctor's office I went ahead and asked if they could fit Finn in as well and they could.  Verdict: Jase had a head cold, Allyson had an ear infection in her left ear and one forming in her right and Finn had a double ear infection.  Finn has been pulling at his ears the last month and has been to the doctor twice already in the past month, but no ear infection. You just never know.  The doctor was "kind" enough to point out that the sickest child was the one without an appointment.  Thanks for that doc, I know...Mother of the Year Award! Geez!

Allyson got to use the doctor's tools and she thought she was Doc McStuffins from Disney Junior like you would not believe.  I had to capture this moment!


I bought Jase a new notebook last week and he has made two journal entries so far.  The first one was over a short story he read from Toad and Frog, I just love those books! And one from this week is below.  He has been really into the show Peter Rabbit on Nick Junior lately and it involves a farmer and his crops, so I'm assuming that's where this came from.  I tried to encourage him to write another sentence (he wrote more for Toad and Frog), but this was all he wanted to say! Ha! Other than helping him sound out radish, he did everything else on his own.  When he takes his time, he has great penmanship.


And lastly, my baby boy will be 6 this weekend!! {I'm not sure where 6 years have gone?!}  We have been in full party planning mode this week! Needless to say, Jase has been right in the middle of it all and I just love that.  My mom and sister are even involved!  It is a family affair for sure and they are great to say the least.  Below is a page from my notebook (aka Party Planning Bible) where Jase has captured all of his ideas.  Our theme is Lego Indiana Jones and you can see the ark, idol, skull, satchels, Lego men, etc.  He hasn't seen an actual Indiana Jones movie, but Jase is intrigued by all of the adventure it has to offer on the Lego movie clips he has seen.  I hope the kiddos have a blast at the party and I can't wait to post about it!

No comments: