Saturday, September 14, 2013

Engagement Party

Tonight we went to an engagement party for my best friend all the way from junior high! Ahh, the good ole days: Deepwater Pirates!! Jeanie and I met in 7th grade science class. Funny story actually. I had just started wearing make-up and so I thought I'd be cool and carry it in my purse. Yeah, the lid to my foundation came unscrewed and it was everywhere in my leather purse from Contempo {anyone else remember that store!?}. Well I remember her sitting across from me and watching me as I attempted to clean it up and asking "why did you have that in your purse?" Good question!! From then on "Jeanie and Jessica" became best friends.

I probably owe her parents money to this day for all the meals I ate at their house. We have so many memories together. A ton of laughter...boy could we laugh! Like those belly laughs from down deep! I remember riding together on the bus for field trips in junior high, spending the night with one another multiple nights in a row and staying up late talking to her mom in the kitchen. Studying and I mean studying the year book together. No one knew our name, but we could tell you who everyone else was, what sport or instrument they played, and who they had dated that year!! {C'mon, you know you did it too!} Haha!! Plucking her eyebrows {yes, the tweezing fetish goes way back}, playing softball together, sharing lockers, riding up and down Center Street. Oh and one more. Us taking college classes together...bad idea!!  Hahaha! We could not stop laughing in class. Nothing would be going on, but we would just look at one another and crack up; it's like we knew what the other person was thinking. And when I brought like a quart {not kidding} of chocolate milk to psychology class...she nearly died when I busted it out and put it on my desk. And to make matters worse it was a Promised Land glass bottle. Hey, I love me some chocolate milk!! Good times! I said all of that to say that we go way back!! 



I'm so excited that she has met such a wonderful man and is now engaged to be married. Seeing all the support of family and friends tonight was a testament in itself to how special Jeanie and Duane are to those around them. I'm so thankful that the Lord has joined these two together and can't wait to continue to making memories with them as a couple now. 



Oh and look what she gave me!! How cute is this?? So excited {and touched} to be a part of their special day. Her wedding colors are navy blue and coral. So fun! {Wishing Pinterest was around when I got married!}

No comments: