Saturday, September 7, 2013

Super Saturday

Today was busy, but a great day! We started the morning off at Allyson's soccer practice. While she is not the star on the field by any means, she has improved so much from the first practice. I'm so proud of her getting out there and playing!


Walking hand-and-hand with her Uncle JoJo!


Next stop...Fuddruckers! Yesterday was my little sister's 25th birthday, so we celebrated with the fam today. In her card I wrote "well you're 25, so I guess that means that I'm not". Talk about feeling old!! Love her so much and my kids do too! Happy birthday, Alisha!


This evening, we had to divide and conquer. Allyson and I went to a wedding while Daddy and the boys went to the baseball field. The wedding was absolutely beautiful. The bride, decor, wedding party, reception...all were remarkable! Look at these cakes below!!! Can you say fabulous!?!? Michelle (& Jay) went above and beyond on these! Not only did they look great, they were delish. {I might have ate more than one slice!} ;-) 


And we had fun on the dance floor and photo booth!! It was so nice to be able to give Ally some one-on-one attention tonight. She absolutely loved dancing the night away and didn't want it to end. She prayed for the wonderful wedding as I tucked her in tonight, it was so sweet!


Here is Allyson and Trent dancing at our table, while the dance floor was being preoccupied by the wedding party. #futuredancer


During the Daddy/Daughter dance, the music stopped and the next thing you hear is "Brass Monkey" by the Beastie Boys come on! I had to stand up to get a better view, and the bride and her father are totally breaking it down. It was awesome! I got a little bit of it on video, but they did several other songs before finishing up their dance together! It was priceless! Way to go Courtney and Marcus!


I was so torn not being at the ball field, but my sister was keeping me up to date on how Jase was doing, so that was a blessing. They had a double header tonight, but the last game ended up getting cancelled due to the weather, so I definitely lucked out on that one and will get to see the make-up! 

Here is my baby getting his first hit in a coach pitch game! So proud of him and can't wait to see many more!


What a great day it was! Excited about hanging out at the house tomorrow afternoon with my crew and watching some football!! 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sounds like the wedding was a blast! Glad you and ally enjoyed it. It was fun cheering for both sides at the game tonight. Lol. The boys had a great game!