Thursday, October 24, 2013

Daily Life

Tuesday morning I walked up to Finn's room to wake him up {at nearly 9 am} because Allyson goes to preschool on Tuesdays and Thursdays, and I found this. So sweet. I had my phone on me and had to capture this sweet angel sleeping. Just love him.


Look at this Big Shot standing up in a chair. That is one of my nicknames for Finn: Big Shot. Just too big for his britches! This was yesterday...he turned 15 months. Craziness I tell ya! He is now a regular at the homeschool table these days and I like it! :-) And this is a picture of Jase "helping" Ally with school. Oh, he is just like me...teacher at heart. He wants to help her so bad and will even get out books {like he did with this one}, open it up and try working with her. I just sit back, watch and listen to them. If she is not responding to him {which is usually the case} I will politely encourage her to look at what he is trying to tell her and then she will jump on board. He means well, but can be a little pushy at times. Hmmm...not sure where he gets that from!?!


I got up while Jase was working and when I came back I noticed he had added something to one of the sentences. He immediately told me he had to add an "a" because the sentence didn't really make sense without it! Ha! I think either way works, depending upon if you are talking about one or a group of clover, but I'm with him, I like the "a".


These past few days have been so so nice outside. We normally stay to our routine and have the majority of school in our school room, but our windows are always open. And our school room has a bay window, so I love the light it lets in. But today, after dropping Ally off at school I told him, let's do school outside. It was so nice. Finn just walked around and played and sat at the table with us of course! 

Jase also finished up The Beginner's Bible today. We started reading it 9 weeks ago when we started up 1st grade and have read a little each day. While there isn't a ton of text on each page, the book does have over 500 pages. I thought it was a great feat for him; he read all of it on his own. Super proud of this guy!


Oh, and I'm not sure if you could tell, but he was wearing the same outfit yesterday and today. Texas Longhorns...Hook 'Em! Funny story behind that. Yesterday he comes downstairs with this outfit and told me he found it on the right side of his closet and asked if he could take the tags off and wear it. I said sure, go ahead. He got dressed and wore it all day. Throughout the day I noticed that his shorts were pretty short, like mid-thigh! I thought "man, that outfit is a 7, how are they so short?" Even my sister commented on them yesterday afternoon on how short they were. I just chalked it up to "a growing boy!" Well...we were getting ready for church and I told him he needed to change clothes and I asked him for the shirt to take a look at the size. Yeah...SIZE 4!!! It was one I had bought for Finn to wear in a few years!! I bought the whole outfit for $1 on clearance last year. So today he brought down the size 7!! We took the tags off this morning and this one is much better! 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ha! That is funny about the shorts. And way to go Jase on finishing his Bible!