Thursday, October 3, 2013

Texas Antiques Week

Sunday after church, I picked up some girlfriends and we headed west to Round Top for Texas Antiques Week. It is a bi-annual event in some neighboring small towns where tons and tons of vendors come and set-up to sell their "junk"! It is a Junker's Paradise!! LOL! 


After we previewed Round Top, we decided to head down the road to Warrenton and on our way we passed Junk Gypsy's NEW store, like only open for a few days!! They have hosted a few shows on HGTV and also recently decorated a Sweet Sixteen Party for Duck Dynasty's Sadie Roberson. Anyhow, I was told this was going to be a long experience, like 3-4 hours between parking, shopping and checking out. So, I originally thought we would have to pass on stopping by, BUT as we drove by it was not packed at all and I turned the vehicle around and HAD to stop! 

While pulling up to park I noticed Farmer Jason helping people park. I follow him and his wife on Instagram and they run a farm in Fayetteville and are a sweet family, who homeschool and love the Lord. It's like one of those friendships "if they only knew me, we'd be best of friends!" Haha!! Anyway, I was a little star struck when I saw him, but ended up talking to him for 5-7 minutes, which was super cool.

Like I said before there were so many vendors set-up selling new and used products. Most of the items were used, but that was right up my alley. I'll have to do a follow-up post on what all I bought and where I put it up in the house. :) 



Monday night we headed back to Round Top to eat at Royer's Round Top Cafe. You normally wouldn't think anything about eating at a little cafe in a town with a population 90, but you had to have reservations to eat there! They have been on several national TV shows for their food, especially their pies!! Beyond yummy! On their menu they recommend skipping the rolls to save room for the pie! Now the rolls were delish too!

The man below is the Pie King: Bud Royer. He is full of personality and it was a neat experience. Our family ate there over the summer and I'm glad Michelle and Rachel got to eat there this time around. So fun and yummy! 



I had a great time with the girls for a couple of days and bought some neat items! Can't wait to go back again, especially now that I have a trip under my belt!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks like fun! Glad y'all had a great time.

Unknown said...

So glad to meet ya!! Looks like y'all had a great time!!

Jessica said...

Thanks Heather! It was nice! And Tara, enjoyed meeting you as well! First class operation at Royer's! :)