Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Kayak Party

Shawn has his kayaks out in the backyard since he just used them to go duck hunting on Saturday. Well, Miss Allyson took advantage of them and began setting up all of her knick-knacks in the kayak Monday afternoon.


Then she started talking about having a party and people coming over. Do you see the paper in the pink basket above? She told me those were her invitations! Not quite sure how people knew about the party, but she was dead set on having a party and named several people who were coming.

I thought it was cute, but didn't think much of it. Shawn picked up all of her things later that evening after the kids were in bed and that was that. At least that's what I thought.

She came home from school yesterday and I opened the back door to let the kids outside to play. I was in my room and she came in crying; I mean tears streaming down her face. She could barely catch her breath to tell me what was wrong. I thought she was telling me her body hurt, but no she was telling me that her stuff was gone for the kayak party! This was a big deal!! I told her that Daddy picked it all up last night and we could find it and put it all out. Sure enough, it was in the garage in a laundry basket {that belongs to the Pope's...we will get that back to y'all!}. 

I texted Shawn to let him know how upset she was and he told me to tell her that he didn't want all the Barbies to get scared and cold outside all night, so he put them in the garage with Hankie and Jet. Right when I told her that she looked at me and said "oh yeah!" Like that comment completely spoke to her and she was ok with everything being picked up.

She then asked me to help set up for the kayak party. I said sure, still not thinking much of it. While setting up things on the kayak she told me that she invited Caycin from school. Then she kept going on and on about who all was coming to the party and it was starting in "like 20 minutes." She was so cute! Here is a short clip of her getting ready for the party.


I started thinking that I better let some of these people know about this party or she will be crushed! So, I sent a text out to some close family members letting them about the party and to stop by if they could.


Then I started asking her what you do at a kayak party. She told me that you play in the kayak, sing songs and dance. I asked if you eat or have snacks at this party and she said yes, we will! I told her let's go in the kitchen and get some snacks then. And that's what we did! She loved helping me gather up snacks and setting the table.


I made an executive decision and decided to order pizza for all of our guests since it was basically dinner time when everyone would be showing up. 

At this point, we have pulled out snacks, the kayak was set-up and Ally is still talking about who all she has invited. Jase starts getting interested in what we are doing and kept asking how people know about the party and who all was coming over! He was very persistent and you can't just pull the wool over his eyes, so I quietly told him I texted a few people and invited them over.

Grandma and Grandpa were the first to arrive and she was excited!! "Thank you for coming to my kayak party!" I think this picture is the sweetest!


Next, PawPaw showed up in his life jacket!! How fitting!!


Then Nanny arrived!


Then Uncle David dropped off her cousin Austin, and Aunt Alisha and Uncle JoJo followed close behind. Allyson handed out stickers to everyone. Austin did not really want a princess sticker and told her "no I have stickers at home!" It was too funny! His dad politely told him to take a sticker! Haha!



People took turns in the kayak and looked at all of the princess items she had, but none of her items were for you to have or borrow or put on. {We are still in need of some sharing lessons!} While all of the elements of a party were present: decorations, invitations, food, activities, we just need to work on execution! :-) I guess I'll let it slide this time. Totally kidding. It was wonderful! She loved setting up all of her decorations on the kayak...that's my girl! I just love her imagination and vision!


Pizza arrived shortly and she came to the table and handed out plates, it was really cute! Then she thanked God for her kayak party! Alisha recorded her prayer and while she got a little side-tracked, it was sweet. :-)



And lastly, Daddy arrived! He had a long day at work, but the party must go on. :-) When he was walking up I told Ally "Daddy's here!" She said "Yes, I invited him!" Hahahaha! Too cute! 


A few last pics before we closed the party down!


So thankful to have helped my daughter pull off her impromptu midweek kayak party! She is very loved! And she even thanked God again tonight for her kayak party while laying her down. And when I did devotions with Jase tonight, he too thanked God for his sister's party and all who came. Just touched my heart that they are thankful and shared these special things with their heavenly father. He listens for sure.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love it! Future party planner in the making!