Monday, February 10, 2014

Awaiting Miss Molly

 To round out the weekend, I hosted a baby shower for my sweet, dear friend Rachel yesterday afternoon. She and her husband, Victor are wonderful people and are some of our best friends. They have 4 boys and are expecting their 5th baby in less than a month. This time around things are a little different: there is now pink in the decor for Miss Molly Elizabeth! While her boys are just as important as her anticipated little girl, this is definitely uncharted waters for them. She is such a giving person, so I was so honored to have her family and friends over for the joyous occasion.
For this afternoon shower, I thought we would change it up a bit with the menu. On the invite I mentioned there "sweet treats will be served".
Instead of a game for her shower, I opted for a craft!! I found several blogs that had decorated onesies during the shower, so I thought that would be great for us to do too!
I loved that some people just dove right in and started working on their onesie, even before making a plate!! And Vic made one too!
 I was really impressed with how they turned out! 
I just loved watching her and Victor open up gifts for Miss Molly!
The sweet couple! Just love them!
I just love Mary Margaret! She is looking forward to her meeting her new granddaughter!
Since I had made the tags for Jeanie's shower, I just had to think of something to go along for this one! I ended up punching a small hole in the top of the cup and running twine through it and bam, there you have it: your very own name tag! I'm not sure if I can go back to writing your name on the cup with a sharpie! Haha!

And my sweet boy went to sleep before the shower started and did not wake up until the shower was over! I'm glad he was able to get a great nap in, even though we had a full house.
And I see this lady all the time, but rarely take pictures with her. After we took the picture, we stopped and thought about the last time we took a picture together...way too long! Just love her to bits!
And lastly, a bestie group picture! We are so excited for Rachel on the birth of her baby girl. Praying the Lord would be with her during her delivery and that sweet Miss Molly would arrive healthy as can be. A special thanks to all those who helped with the shower, I really appreciate it!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Everything was so cute Jessica. You did a great job. I can't wait to see sweet Molly!