Sunday, February 9, 2014

Road Trip

Last weekend I headed out with some friends to San Antonio. This was for Jeanie's final outing as a bachelorette! First stop: Buc-ee's! Let's just get this out there: I'm a dork, fully aware!
Next, we went to Lockhart and ate some tasty eats at Black's BBQ! I asked the next customer who entered the restaurant to take our picture, but they both turned out blurry, so I had to go with our group selfie shot! 
After we got settled into the hotel, we headed out for the evening. We had reservations to eat on a boat while riding on the Riverwalk at Boudro's. I wasn't sure how this was going to be pulled off, but it went really smooth; obviously not their first rodeo. You stayed docked long enough to order your food and shortly after that your salad was brought out, along with salsa, chips and guacamole. We rode around, while a tour guide would tell us the details about buildings and San Antonio history. {We did a river boat tour in the fall of 2012 and it was interesting, something I would recommend doing at least once.} Then we pulled back up to the restaurant and the main entree was served. Again, we rode around while eating. It was the perfect night for a boat ride too. The weather was perfect and going under the bridges all lit up was really pretty. I wish I would have had my hubs next to me so I could have snuggled with him. :-) And finally we docked for dessert. The choice of food was delicious. While it was a little pricey {$50 after tax and tip}, it was a nice time and very relaxing. Something to do without the children for sure. I wouldn't mind doing it again with Shawn in the future.
The rest of the evening was full of laughs, a little dancing and a ton of sing-a-longs! We really had a good evening with the gals and Jeanie may have gotten a little embarrassed at one point during the night, but she handled it like a champ.

Lastly, we were sitting outside on the Riverwalk and all of a sudden this guy, from out of no where, starts jumping, yes jumping, into the Riverwalk. It was the craziest thing ever. And I was in the splash zone!! Here is a little footage. {Please note: the guy doesn't have his shirt on, he has quite a few tattoos and you may see a little backside.} Free entertainment at it's finest.
The cops ended up coming to the scene and took him away. One officer told me that it is a $500 fine to even touch the water, so I would imagine he got at least that. Moral of the story: say no to crack!

It was quick, but nice getaway. I'm very thankful to my husband who took care of our babies so I could go. Looking forward to the wedding in a couple of weeks! Eeek!

No comments: