Sunday, February 9, 2014

Jeanie's Bridal Shower

Yesterday afternoon I helped host a bridal shower for my girlfriend, Jeanie. Her wedding colors are navy and coral, so it has been fun to work with that color scheme. Sara has a beautiful home and it was the perfect venue for this sweet gathering of family and friends. And the cake...it was fabulous! Both the presentation and taste; so moist and yummy! Michelle, you hit it out of the park again!
And to give the mason jars a personalized touch, we added name tags to them. The guests could also take their mason jar home with them as a little memento!
Jeanie and the hostesses below. All of us graduated from Deer Park, Class of 1998. Wow...it so does not seem like that was 16 years ago!
After we had a few snacks, we headed into the living room for a little game. I found this game where you ask the bride and groom questions {separately} and the guests have to guess who said what. I thought this game went really well. To me, it took the pressure off of the bride-to-be and she was able to sit back, laugh and enjoy. 
In the example I found they used mustaches and tiaras, which was really cute, but I wasn't about to cut 60 {30 of each kind} of those bad boys by hand! I ended up coming up with little "O" signs {for the groom's last name}, one side coral and one side navy. Thank you cricut!! To keep the inside of the "O" together I used a piece of scrap vellum I had lying around...from my wedding invitations! Yes, nearly 10 years ago! I have a snack baggie full of vellum lying around. Go ahead say it: PACK RAT!! Somethings never change! I think they turned out cute!
She got tons of wonderful gifts and she had a fabulous turn out. What a blessing for this new couple, as they start their married life together.

No comments: