Thursday, February 27, 2014

Here comes the bride!

Ok, so I'm sure you've see the posts about a couples shower, bachelorette party and a wedding shower and wondered 'when in world is the wedding'? Well...it was this past Saturday and I'm here to tell you all about it this afternoon!

Friday night was the rehearsal dinner and can I just say that some water works were flowing that night? You could just feel how anticipated this day was, from Jeanie, Duane, her mom...everyone! We were all so thrilled to be a part of this special day with them. And the two ladies below...I have really had a great time being around them lately. Leigh-Ann and I played softball in high school together and Sara and I have been friends since elementary. All 3 of us, plus Jeanie, graduated high school together. It has definitely been nice catching up with them and hope to continue doing so in the future.
Shawn surprised me and showed up at the dinner. He had just arrived that evening from Madrid and came there straight from the airport. It was a nice treat after he had been gone all week! The food was delicious at Monument Inn and I was a little nervous about fitting into my dress the next day! Ha! It was neat because that was the same exact place where I had my rehearsal dinner at nearly 10 years ago! Memories!

We woke up that morning and of course life does not stop because you have plans! Ha! Jase had his last basketball game at 9:30 that morning. A good game and we so should have beat them, but our shots were not falling in and we could not get a rebound to save our life! Good season though and Jase is already talking about playing next year! I'm glad that it was a good experience for him!

Then at noon he had baseball practice, so he and Shawn were off and me and the younger two stayed at home. I ended up laying Finn down around 12:30, which worked out perfect. Alisha came over around 1:30 to help with my hair. Originally I had asked a friend {who does hair} to fix mine, but then I didn't follow up with her and she was booked. Oh well, no biggie...so the pressure was on the little sis to pull through! LOL! She started playing around with it and teasing the crud out of it, and before you know it, she was done!! I was really happy with how it turned out! And best of all, it stayed all night long {and the next day too!}, which I was afraid of, because I have quite a bit of hair!!
I picked up Leigh-Ann at 2:30 and we were up at the church by 3:00 to get ready and take some pictures before the ceremony began.
 Jeanie looked gorgeous!! Her dress, make-up, hair and hair piece were all stunning!! 
It was a pretty relaxed that afternoon before the wedding at the church. We sat around and talked, shed some tears; it was a nice time. It was definitely a glorious day, but emotions were running on high. There was a new bench on the way into the sanctuary that was in memory of Jeanie's grandfather who passed away a little over two years ago. He was such a gem and very involved in their lives. Then we got to talking about something old, something blue, something borrowed and something new. Well, the something old were the earrings Jeanie was wearing; they were her grandmother's. She passed away before Jeanie was born and Jeanie was named after her. It was really touching. And then to top it off Jeanie gives her mom an embroidered hankerchief that says something to the effect of "I'm who I am today because of you. Today I'm a bride, tomorrow a wife, but I'll always be your little girl." We all lost it! And even her dad, who is pretty quiet and hadn't really seemed stirred by any of this, had to leave the room. Nothing like touching up on some make-up! ;-) 

The photographer was great and I can't wait to see the pictures she captured from the day. She actually already had pictures from the ceremony scrolling on a laptop at the reception hall...first class right there! 

Before the ceremony began, my family stopped in to say hi! This picture below has to be one of my favorites from the night! I just love my little shadow! I love the card-making stage that she is in right now! Always asking me how to spell words, so sweet. And I think she finally has her 'S' down...doesn't look like a lightening bolt anymore! :-) 
Here are some pictures from the ceremony.The church was beautiful inside.
And here I am walking down the isle. I was so nervous...you would have thought it was my wedding! Geez! I guess I am not one for all the attention. Didn't help that I was walking down first! LOL! But once I got up there I was fine. I honestly thought about an escape route to the bathroom if needed! Thankfully, that did not take place!
 Jeanie's dad walking her down the isle...one last time as a Brownfiel!
Jase practicing his dance moves after the wedding...warming up for the reception! And Finn...attempting rolls on the concrete...nice!
Reception Time!
Allyson was feeling the camera Saturday night! She could not stop taking pictures! It was too cute and every time you turned around, there she was with our camera!
We were about to eat right here. Looking at us, side by side, you can definitely tell that we favor one another. Love my handsome boy!
Here is short clip of Jase dancing at the reception!
All of the decor was very nice; so clean and simple...loved it! And the cakes were fabulous as well. The rosettes on her cake favored her dress...I'm sure they planned that! And his was a german chocolate cake with his police giddy-up on it! :) 
Love this stud to pieces! He is THE one for me! So blessed that God has placed us together to walk through this life side by side...I could not have planned it any better!
The French Family! Jase is nearly 7, Allyson is 4 1/2 and Finn is 1 1/2. They all make me so happy. Thankful for God's blessings of a family.
And the lovely couple were on their way! So happy for Duane and Jeanie. May the Lord be at the center of their marriage and may they turn to Him for guidance in all they do.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sounds like a great wedding. You looked stunning!