Sunday, July 10, 2011

5 Generations!

So today was...perfect!! Went to Church this morning and Pastor Todd Dunn preached and it was awesome.  The Lord is definitely blessing him, his family and his ministry in Irving.  Thankful to have heard him this morning.

After Church we came home, ate lunch and headed down the road to Livingston to visit Nana.  She has been out of the nursing home for a few weeks now so it was time we visited with her.  My mom and Alisha were driving up as well and they were bringing my Great Grandma Smith.  She is my Nana's mother-in-law, my Poppa's mother.  My Poppa passed away in March 1985 when he was 47, and I was 4 years old.  He had a brain tumor and lung cancer.  I still remember him...a great, loving man.  My mom and I lived with Poppa and Nana for a few years after my parents divorced when I was 1. I still am very close with my Nana today.

It was awesome to have 5 generations in the same room, so I did not pass up the opportunity to take pictures!! Now here is the part I wish I could go back and change...my lovely camera decided not to work while taking some of the pictures.  So some of them look grainy, others have white spots.  I didn't take any of the group pics, so I had no idea that they did this.  :(  Oh well, nothing I can do about it now...but I can buy a new camera! ;)


Nanny brought a slip-n-slide so the kids got a little water time, which they loved and I'm sure felt so good!!


Before we left we all gathered around and Jase opened us up in prayer...there is nothing quite like a child's prayer...so innocent and pure and very thoughtful.  Just when you think they are not paying attention and then they go to God asking for Him to watch over Nana and Grandma Smith...just blesses your heart.  Daddy closed us in prayer and we said our goodbyes and headed home. 

Daddy ran into Subway for dinner and the kiddos and I stayed in the car.  I couldn't pass this up!

Kids had a great day!


No comments: