Thursday, July 21, 2011

Say Cheese Allyson!

Let me preface this post by saying that I am not a professional photographer!! lol!

Allyson's 2nd birthday is coming up and I have been searching for invitations and realized that I do not have ANY good pics of her in last several months...poor child.  I do have a few on my iPhone, but those are not the best for printing.  So, last night Shawn and I were looking at pictures and he didn't believe when I said I didn't have one, and then he saw for himself.  He suggested that I take some pictures of her tomorrow out in the backyard.  Let me stop right here and say that we have tried this with both kids numerous times, and sometimes it works out and sometimes it doesn't...most of the time it doesn't.  I agreed to it and "let the fun begin!"

This morning after breakfast I picked out two different outfits to put her in (thinking I might be lucky to do a wardrobe change...haha).  I think saw her ALLY letters sitting on her dresser (sorry Ally I have not hung them up since moving you to your room) along with a "Daughters are a gift from the Lord" sign decor.  Upon leaving her room I saw her fun pink rug in the hallway and picked it up as well.  As I am carrying all of this downstairs I am thinking "oh yeah, this might be good!"

I picked up Elmo and Abby Cadabby from Sesame Street (since that is the theme of her party!) and we headed outside.  Laid the rug on the grass and immediately Ally went for the letters.  Bad idea #1 - the letters have ribbon on them, so I would have had to nail them to the fence...no time for that!! Getting her to actually sit on the rug and getting a picture without her diaper showing in everyone is hard enough, not mentioning getting her to look at the camera, with a smile and no drool on her shirt.  Are we having fun yet??

So sweet and innocent!
Well, she was basically finished at this point and wanted to play inside the fort.  No biggie, I just threw the pink rug up there and kept shooting!


Time for a wardrobe change.  She did great at changing clothes, but she is one tough cookie when it comes to getting a smile out of her!!

Maybe Oscar the Grouch should be the theme! :)
After a few shots up in the fort, we went back to the ground and got some cute ones...YAY!!! Singing "Elmo's World" did the trick!  I'm happy that I got one of her looking at the camera smiling! :)  Not too bad for 30 minutes in the backyard with my rinky-dink camera! (Oh and in the middle of all of this poor Jase gets a nose bleed!)

A few of my faves!

Let the party planning continue! :)

No comments: