Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Easter in July

So for 2 days Jase has been asking me to get out the Resurrection Eggs for him to play with.  They are a set of 12 Easter Eggs that tell the death, burial and resurrection story of Jesus.  Each egg has little figurine inside, starting with the Donkey, which represents Jesus riding into Jerusalem on a Donkey. And ending with an empty egg to signify that Jesus is alive and well and no longer in the tomb!!  Praise God!

So, after I laid Allyson down for her nap I found the Eggs and we walked through every egg and read the resurrection story to Jase. On one hand it completely blessed my heart that my 4 year old son wanted to play with these and hear the story.  Then on the other hand...shame on me for thinking "it is not Easter right now." Jesus please forgive me...everyday should be "easter" as I celebrate the resurrection of your life.  You are the reason I have hope and are able to find peace in tough situations and I know that all our blessings come from you.

What a great time with Jase this afternoon, as we read Your resurrection story.  We are looking forward to meeting you one day.  "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not persish, but have everlasting life." John 3:16

No comments: