Saturday, July 2, 2011

Cleaning up & Memories

Ok...today I got a wild hair and decided to clean up my craft/spare/junk room upstairs. This room usually intimidates me because there is SSSOOOO much stuff in here and I never know where to begin.

Most of the time I get so side-tracked that I stop and look at every little thing and end up getting nothing accomplished. I did stop and look at a few things today, but I was able to keep on track. Here are some rememberable items from the clean up:

1. A box that Jeanie and I made at a Stampin' Up Christmas Party probably 4+ years ago. It took us like an hour to make it! And to this day I have yet to use it for anything. I had to stop and text her and nope...she hasn't used it either.


2. A picture of Emily and Madeline from Oct 2004. Crazy to think that Emily was 3 in this picture and Madeline was 6 months!! It made me realize how time flies and that I need to get my kids pictures taken again! Haha!!


3. Pregnancy Journal from Jase. I had two journals with Jase and the one I looked at today I had only wrote in it once: finding out we were pregnant on 8/25/2007. It was neat...I wrote down the people we called and their reaction...it was just like reliving it. Then I flipped over a page where I wrote about how I felt. This is what it said:

Shawn and I are SO excited - we can't believe it!

We prayed & thanked God for this miracle - whether we have the baby for one day or 80 years. We are so thankful for this day!

Man...can I tell you that I completely teared up and started crying. Sometimes All the time I get so caught up with everything that I do not take enough time to be thankful and realize how blessed we are. My kids are a true miracle from God and He has entrusted us with them for an unknown amount of time. Could be a week or could be until I leave this earth...only God knows. I stopped and prayed and asked for forgiveness on taking them for granted too often.
What a great day of cleaning. I thoroughly enjoyed it. Also...if you ever need a post-it, please come and take some of mine...ridiculous!

No comments: