Monday, August 29, 2011

Allyson's First Day at MDO

Today my little girl went to Mother's Day Out for the first time!!  *Sniff Sniff*  She was ssoooo excited this morning when we were about to leave the house.  :)   I walked her into her class and she didn't even turn back and look at me.  :(  I handed her teacher her bag, snagged a picture and headed out the door.  I am proud to say that no tears from her or me this morning!!  Although I was a little sad that she didn't need her mommy, I was relieved that she was excited to go.


When I picked her up she was sitting in a chair with her baby, aka sleeping buddy, and looked like she had just woken up.  So happy that she was relaxed enough to take a nap.  I asked her when we got home what she did and she said "played house"!  Too cute!

As for me, I did a little running around!! I picked up Alisha and we went to Hobby Lobby, Lowe's, Walmart and the bread store.  I have had a productive day thus far.  I love checking things off the "to do list".

Yesterday was Shawn and I's 7th year anniversary...hard to believe it has been that long.  We met when I was 15, so he has been in my life for half of my life...crazy!!  I was at a softball playoff game my sophomore year and from the dugout I hear this guy yelling "go Heather" like a crazy man!! I asked some of my teammates who he was and they said "Shawn French" and then I replied "I've got to meet him" and the rest is history! What a wonderful man he is.  So kind and gentle and I couldn't have hand-picked a better father for our children! He loves the Lord and it doesn't hurt that I am attracted to him too! ;)  So thankful that the Lord has blessed me with Shawn; I couldn't imagine this journey without him.

No comments: