Thursday, August 25, 2011

Back to "normal"

The tree guys came back yesterday morning and finished cutting down the last tree and stump grinding both of them.  Again, so thankful that no one was hurt.  This situation could have definitely been WAY worse if they kids would have been outside.  Thank you Lord!  And as far as the damage to the house it was minimal.  Shawn was able to bend back some of the awning that got bent up and it looks fine.  He did have to buy some outdoor putty to patch up a small hole in the roof.  Hoping we are finished with tree repairs.

I was walking by the back door and saw two of the guys putting together Jase's playset, so I had to grab my phone and take this picture.  Then I called Jase to check it out as well...he was HAPPY!

Not only do they cut down trees, they take down and put up playsets...could be a side job for them! :)
 So I have to brag on my hubby for a minute.  He so would not want me to do this and doesn't even know I took this picture. On Monday morning he ran to the bank to get the cash out for the trees and stopped by the store.  He texted me and asked me to print out a sign that says "Jesus is the living water" in Spanish.  When he came home I put 2 and 2 together and realized that he bought some waters for the guys.  We printed up John (Juan) 4:10-14 where it talks about Jesus being the living water in the Bible and that you'll never thirst (spiritually) again once you have Him.

Shawn is such a blessing and a bold witness for Jesus in my eyes.  He does not let fear hold him back of speaking the word of the Lord...I look up to him for that.  When he taped the sign up above the ice chest, one of the guys asked if he knew Spanish and Shawn said "pequeno" and then the guy answered "good". We're not sure if they are Christians or know the Lord, but I did see two of them reading it and who knows, maybe a seed was planted if not.

Jesus Christ is the living water

And here we are...less two trees in the backyard.  Goodbye shade.  LOL!  We laughed Monday night about maybe getting a pool now...both of us would love this!  But more than likely we will plant a garden.  I would love to be able to go to my own backyard and then to my kitchen and prepare dinner!  We'll see...maybe we'll kick it off this fall.


Trees are gone...and the fence is probably next.
And one last thing.  I put this on facebook, but thought it was too funny not to put in the blog and officially document!  Jase and I were watching the city pick up all of the stumps and branches this morning and then Jase says "ooh the claw".  He used the green alien accent from Toy Story.  It was hilarious.  We just sat there and laughed and then had another laugh at lunch time.  I love that kid!


And I know what you're thinking...two of these pictures I posted were taken from inside my house, through the blinds.  Yes, I did a little creepin' this week! Haha!

No comments: