Tuesday, August 23, 2011

I guess it really wasn't a dream!

Last night we put the second coat of paint on our half bath...we are almost there! Afterwards, Shawn was outside rinsing off the paint stuff and I was in our bathroom about to take a shower.  Out of no where I heard this LOUD sound, like thunder.  I knew it wasn't raining outside, but I had no idea what it was.  I ran to the back door and Shawn ran inside and we met at the back door.  He asked if I was ok and I said yes, and asked what was that?  He said that a tree fell!! This was at 11:00ish.

Sure enough, we walked outside and a huge branch had fell on the house.  It immediately hit me that the kids played on the back porch and playset for a little while yesterday afternoon.  Praise God it did not happen then and no one was hurt when it did happen. 

We woke up this morning to go back outside to take pictures in daylight and I guess it wasn't a dream, it really did happen.  Crazy.  The tree guys are here now assessing the job, and another branch on the same tree is splitting.  That one is definitely coming down and probably the other one too.  Our AC went out last week and the tree this week.  Hopefully this pattern does not continue!

Thanking the Lord this morning for safety and the timing of when the tree fell. 






PS: If I normally get you a Christmas gift, this year you will receive handmade wood art!! Kidding!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think the handmade wood art is a good idea .
Thank God , no one was hurt .
Love to all , MawMaw

Jessica said...

Yes, very thankful no one is hurt!!

David Sowers said...

Thank God no one was hurt

Jessica said...

Amen to that David!