Thursday, August 11, 2011

Mini Meatloaf Recipe & Making Friends

Despite it being over 100 degrees outside we still have to eat, so that means that I have to cook occasionally! If I am being completely honest, since being home from Chicago/Livingston I have probably cooked 3 home cooked meals...that's in a week in a half...terrible.  We've ate at home plenty since returning, but we've had sandwiches or leftovers.  And we've ate out quite a bit too, especially on the weekends.  While Shawn enjoys a home cooked meal, he does not mind eating sandwiches either...thank you my love!

Anyway, I found a mini meatloaf recipe that I have been wanting to try, so tonight was the night! I love meatloaf, but have never made it.  I guess I never had a recipe for it and I am a recipe type of gal...I like to follow the steps and make sure everything is exact.  Hopefully as I get older I can "add a little of this or a little of that" and feel comfortable, but for now I love my recipes!  Here is the recipe I found and was originally attracted to it since the baking time was only 45 minutes: http://myblessedlife.net/2011/08/mini-meatloaf-recipe.html. I tried to make it healthier with the ingredients I had on-hand. I used 93/7 lean ground beef, whole wheat Panko bread crumbs, fat free milk, and reduced fat Monterrey Jack cheese.  I also used 1 1/2 lbs of meat, so mine made 12 mini meatloaves instead of 10 like she mentions.  They were delicious and will definitely be adding this to the recipe book to make again.


After dinner we went for a walk around the neigborhood and there was a young boy Jase's age across the street.  He is the grandson of our neighbor and Jase was so excited to play with him...almost giddy, it was cute.  We live in an older neighborhood, so there are not too many, if any younger children on our street. His new friend jumped on his bike and joined us the second time around the block.  After that he and his cousin came over to our backyard for 30 minutes to play on our swingset and Jase loved it. 
 
Riding bikes with his new friend!
 
Mommy pushing Allyson on her bike!


No comments: