Sunday, August 21, 2011

Banana Clip?!?

Ok, I'll just start this post off with I'm a dork, but that's ok because I am embracing it!!

When I was in junior high I would wear banana clips in my hair because my hair is so thick and they really pulled my hair back well and my hair fixed nicely in them. This was in the early 90's, probably '92-'94. I don't think we went out and bought any, they were left over from my mom from the 80's! They definitely were not "in" when I was in junior high, but I wore them and kept friends, so all was well in my world! :)

Well, I always joke around (sort of joking) that I wish I had a banana clip to wear and my sister and mom always tease me that they are not in style and that grandmas wear them! Well, this past Wednesday my mom brought me a prize to Church: BANANA CLIPS! She found some at the store and picked them up for me!!

While I was getting ready this morning, I wanted to pull my hair back, but didn't want to use a clip and I just wasn't feeling a pony tail. Then I remembered the banana clips!! I seriously got all excited and cut the plastic off to get them out. I told Shawn I was going to wear one and he said "go for it!" So I did!! My hair was out of my face and off my neck for the most part. I have some thick hair and when it's on my neck, I have a built in heater and it doesn't take long until I am sweating! I'm curious if anyone saw me and thought "is she wearing a banana clip?" My mom and sister saw me and we all laughed about it!

I'm sure you'll see me again sporting the banana clip!!

No comments: