Monday, August 13, 2012

3 week check-up

This morning I took Finn in for his weight check appointment. He was 8 lb 4 oz, 1 oz shy of birth weight. The doctor does like to see babies back at their birth weight by 2 weeks and he is 3 weeks today, but he didn't seem too concerned. I took in two of his diapers to have the stool tested for blood and they were negative, so great news! The doctor said the blood could have came from a tear in his rear last week. Since there was no blood in his stool, the doctor doesn't think he has a milk allergy. He said for me to get back on diary, but to keep him on the hypo allergenic formula for now. Since we changed a lot of things last week, we'll keep the formula the same and add diary back to my diet. I made another appointment for next Monday to check weight and stools and we'll go from there.

So for now I will keep breastfeeding and supplementing to top him off. The whole breastfeeding has really been a struggle for me. And honestly it has been for all 3 kids. I wish I had enough supply to solely nurse him, but that isn't the case. I am on the road to coming to terms with that, but it is definitely an inner struggle for me. I'll feed him what I can and give him formula when needed. I have also been taking Fenugreek to help increase my milk supply, but I stopped taking it yesterday afternoon. TMI, but I think it has been the cause of some major gas! Haha! For both me and the baby. And actually I have had less gas today (I told you TMI) which has been great and Finn has been less fussy as well. And to be frank, I don't think it had a big affect on my milk supply either. Hopefully Finn's tummy will continue to feel better.

I did quite a bit of research on dairy in foods, so if anyone ever has to go dairy-free, let me know . . . I can help! :-) And no, I have yet to have a huge malt, maybe tomorrow! I did pick up Chick-Fil-A for lunch, which was nice.

I am posting this from my phone tonight. On Friday my daughter decided to pick up my laptop from the couch and drop it 2 feet onto the floor!! I saw her do it and could not believe my eyes. She is not one to tear up things and I don't think she fully understood what she did, but it is definitely not working. I cannot even turn it on! Of course I have a lot of files that I would hate to lose, but most of all I don't want to lose my pictures. It has been a while since I have backed up my pictures on our external hard drive. I called customer support and since it will not turn on in safe mode there is not much they can assist with over the phone. They also said that it is probably not a software issue, but more than likely the hardware is damaged, which could mean my memory. :( A friend of my mom's offered to take a look at it. I hope they are able to salvage my pictures. All I can think about is our pictures from Disney that I have yet do anything with. Ugh! I can't think about it too long or I get depressed!

All and all a great report for Finn today. So thankful for that! Praise God!

No comments: